Ladyfinger as we call it or to be precise “Bhindi”. You all must be having your version of bhindi, but mine is a little different than the usual. Bhindi has various names, in some countries, it is known by the name Ladies’ Finger, some call it Okra and some know it as Sponge-Fingers. You will fall in love with this recipe of Kurkuri Bhindi after trying it.
I was too bored of eating that old regular bhindi ki sabzi, so I decided to try out this crispy version of it and it turned out to be delicious. Believe me, even if you don’t like bhindi you will love this crispy okra recipe.
Ladyfinger has many benefits too. It helps in boosting immunity (which is crucial nowadays), good for weight loss and also helps in boosting memory. So, this regular vegetable with varied benefits should definitely be on your grocery list.
Bhindi (okra): 250gm
Gram flour (Besan): 4 tbsp
Salt: to taste
Red chili powder: 2-3 tsp
Coriander powder: 2 tsp
Chat Masala: 2tsp
Water: For binding
Oil for frying
1. Cut the bhindi vertically into two parts, so that you get two parts out of one.
2. Take a bowl and add gram flour in the bowl and then add bhindi to it.
3. Add salt, red chili powder, coriander powder to it and mix all the ingredients well.
4. Now add some water just to bind everything together ( Remember water is added so that the gram flour sticks to the okra, it should not be too much otherwise the okra will get moist).
5. Heat oil in a kadhai and add the bhindi one by one.
6.Fry until golden brown.
7. Now take out the kurkuri bhindi and sprinkle chat masala and squeeze the juice of one lemon in it.
8. Serve hot with Rotis or you can enjoy it like that without any kind of bread.
This recipe of kurkuri bhindi is very easy and you can make it in no time. Do try out this recipe and say no to your old ways of eating okra. You can use this amazing dish for your next Weekend Plan with your friends, or your Sunday Family Brunch. To read about more such amazing recipes such as this, do checkout ThePopStories.